Foundation Day! Today they poured our Foundation. It was a beautiful day. The sun was out and the wind was calm. Each time we go out to our new little spot, it feels more and more right. More and more like home. It's so peaceful and quiet. Bob was out there early, checking things out. I'm sure the contractors we've hired had no idea we'd be out at the lot watching everything they did! We've nothing better to do...and we've waited forever for this. Not really, it just feels that way!
These foundation guys work hard and fast. When we got to the lot this morning at about 10, this is what it looked like. We had a hard time believing they'd be ready by the time the pump and concrete trucks were scheduled to arrive at 1:00.
But by 1:00 they were pretty much ready. There were 6 guys there. They each had their jobs that they did. No one told each other what to do, they just knew what to do and did it. I've never seen a basement foundation being poured before. I wasn't expecting everything to look so big.
I'm glad it wasn't Bob walking along those walls, doing the work this time. It was great to just watch and have someone else do it!
It took 8 concrete trucks.....I kept asking Bob, "This was all included in the bid right?" Watching these trucks pull up one right aftern the other freaked me out a little! All I could see were $$$$ signs! It made me feel better when he reaffirmed that, "yes," it was all included in the bid!
The last thing they poured was the shop building So excited for Bob....he's finally getting his shop. He's getting pretty excited at the thought.....at least as excited as Bob gets!
No comments:
Post a Comment