Friday, November 26, 2010



Today while we were at the movies watching "Tangled," Hank asked me, "What does it mean to fall in love, Nana?"  I thought for a minute and then said, "Well, someday you'll find a girl that you'll like so much,you'll want to take her to the Temple and marry her so you can be with her forever.  Like your Mommy and Daddy and like Nana and Papa.  And falling in love is like how I felt the first time I saw your little face after you were born."  I don't know if I explained it perfectly, but when I told him about how I felt the first time I saw his little face I think he liked hearing it, because he got a smile on his face and he didn't ask me anymore questions about falling in love.  And...I'm glad about that because for some reason I got a little choked up....in the movie...watching a cartoon...thinking about my family!  Which is a little ridiculous, I think!  I guess it was because I've been trying to focus, this week especially, on everything I'm grateful for.  My family tops the list.  Each and every one of them.  Moments like I had with Hanky at the movie today is one too.  How did I ever get to be so blessed? 

We hope your Thanksgiving was as much fun as ours was.  We shared the day with Aaron, Courtney and the boys.  Our absolutely wonderful friends, the Marshalls too.  We've celebrated Thanksgiving with them, almost every year now, for I don't know how long.  So long that we consider them family.


There was a time this past year when I'd forgotten, for just a time, all the blessings Heavenly Father had poured out upon our family.  I might have even been a little angry. Though, it didn't last long.  Before I knew it the spirit began whispering, in that still small voice of his, that the "tender mercies of the Lord are real and that they do not occur ramdomly or merely by coincidence." (Elder Bednar) Heavenly Father loves our family and he has never stopped blessing us.  It's been a Happy Thanksgiving.  It feels good to smile again.

After dinners over, we forget about most of the mess and we women get busy crafting!  This year we made "Frosty!"  It's a fun tradition.  Now..... let the Christmas decorating begin!

No comments: