Today I tried something new! One of the sisters on my Visiting Teaching route told me the other day that her favorite quote from this past General Conference was from the talk by Elder Arnold titled, "What Have You Done With My Name." The Quote was, "You Stupid Cow!" I'd remembered the talk and remembered laughing at the quote too. The story behind the quote made me think as well. Anyway, since this month's Visiting Teaching messsage was to be taken from a General Conference talk, I'd been trying to think of a reminder to give out. I know treats are the usual November gift, but I wanted to do something different. SO, I had the thought to make up her favorite quote, using my FREE scrapbooking stuff and see if I could run some muslin through my printer. It worked! I used a frame from Michaels (just one dollar!) and some old Muslin that I had in my craft closet. I like it! Something new and different for me. Now I'm thinking....pillows, christmas ornaments, seed bags...the possibilities are endless!
2 comments:
I'm wondering if you may have stumbled onto a little niche for yourself--like maybe a blog that repurposes old things or uses household things or dollar store finds and turns them into something new and beautiful? You can actually make a bit of money blogging with the right advertisements....something to think about:)
i love it!
Post a Comment