Saturday, September 10, 2011

What's big and yellow and brightens Mother's day?....A School Bus!  How did I spend most of my summer you ask......Learning to become a School Bus driver for the Kent School District.  It took from the end of July through most of August.  Between preparing for the Trek and preparing to take my test to get my Commercial Drivers License, I haven't felt like I've challenged myself this much in a very long time.  I've done things this summer I never dreamed I could do.   I've gained more confidence than I've had ever.  I can do hard things!  This was hard, and very scary....but I did it.  Last week I drove a School Bus with kids on it for the first time.  I was nervous, but I loved the kids.  I love kids....that's all I can say!  I love them and I should have been a School Teacher or something.  Somewhere along the line I missed the mark.  Maybe in my own little way, I can make a difference in a kids life.  I think I'll have a good time trying!




Lynette was my Trainer.  She was HARD!  But hard was good.  She taught me well. 



 This was the hardest part for me.  To pass your CDL test you have to memorize a CDL pre trip.  Word for word!  It's all about Drive Shafts, Air Brakes, Wheels and Rims, the Frame and Brakes....pins and arms....nuts, bolt and cotter pins!  Stuff that Mama Grover knew nothing about!  I spent hours and hours working to memorize these cards.  Poor Bob listened to me recite this so many times!  Heavenly Father helped me.  Without him I couldn't have done it.  He helped me so well that I didn't miss a single thing.  100% on my pre trip walk around!     

I'm hoping this will turn out to be a great job for me.  Driving a bus.  The hours are flexible.....I'll still be able to visit my family....watch the boys.....maybe plan that trip to Europe....and make a little money for myself 'cause the pays not bad!

No comments: