Monday, September 12, 2011

Can I just say that I love my family?.....We had the best time the end of August!  Andy, Britney, Baylee and Sydney came to visit.....Robyn, D, Macie and Hailey came to visit.......and Aaron, Courtney and the boys were here almost every day!  Three of our kids and their families here all at the same time!  It was wonderful.  It was noisy!  It was crowded!  It was messy!  It was hectic....and I couldn't have been happier!  We'd been excited for August to get here for a long, long time. We couldn't wait for them to come!  
  
We did so many fun things. Somethings we've done before, somethings new, somethings we haven't done for a long, long time. Andy said he wanted to do "Seattle things," so that's what we did!


One of the first things we did was go to Salt Water Park. We went in search of crabs, shells and whatever kind of creatures we could find....only when we got there the tide was in!  The only time I've ever been to Salt Water Park and the tide has been in!  So, we didn't see any crabs.  We found a few shells, but no other creatures.  It was a beautiful day though.  The weather couldn't have been better.
  

Sydney hated it!  She did not want to have anything to do with the beach! 


On the other hand, Baylee couldn't get enough.  She would have stayed for hours if we'd have had the time.



The cousins had so much fun playing together! 












And I had the best time watching them and taking their pictures!


We decided to take a trip up to Mt. Rainier.  We were anxious to be outside enjoying our beautiful sunshine that had taken so long to get here.  We drove up to Sunrise and our mountain took my breath away.  I don't remember being there on a more beautiful day.  The wild flowers were out in all their glory....It was amazing.  We started off on a little 2 mile hike....with 5 little kids....need I say more?!  What a hoot!  I'm pretty sure we all felt like we'd walked more like 10 miles by the time we were done!  All those little legs got pretty tired and needed a little help making it to the finish line.  But we made it!  We were a little worn out, but it was well worth the effort.  I'll never for get the beauty of that day.  We ended with a fun picnic lunch.  Tummy's got full and everyone was content.





 

Several months ago I'd heard that they'd opened up an American Doll store in Lynnwood at the Alderwood Mall.  I thought it would be fun and special to take Macie and Baylee to see it.  It didn't disappoint!  There were dolls everywhere.  Dolls behind glass cases and dolls they could play with.  Dolls in wheelchairs, dolls in cheerleading outfits, dolls with braces.  Dolls in bathtubs with bubbles, dolls from all over the world!  They had fun playing and looking.

 
 They got to each pick out a doll...within my budget (that place is expensive!). They both picked out the same one!  In fact they were twins....good for me because it was cheaper that way!  


I'd read about their cute little Bistro, so I planned for us to have lunch and made reservations. I'm glad I did because the store and the Bistro were so crowded!  I felt sad for so many little girls...they'd come to the Bistro to have lunch with their dolls, but there was no seats available.  The Bistro was booked up for two weeks in advance!  I was so glad that I'd made reservations.


 They had special little high chairs, and special little cups and saucers for their dolls.  So cute! They both decided that they wanted to eat pizza, so that's what we ordered.  Tic Tac Toe Pizza!


 We went big and decided to order a Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae for dessert!  It was yummy!
The girls had a great time, I think they felt special and hopefully they'll remember our special "date" together to the American Doll store!


Papa built us a fire pit before everyone came so we could do some dutch oven cooking.  I love it!  We never got around to finding the time to be home long enough to do the dutch oven dinner, but we did find the time to cook us up some yummy smores!

I think the kids played out until after dark that night.  I remember doing that when I was a kid.  Playing outside until it was so dark you couldn't see your hand in front of your face.  Then Mom would call and tell me that it was time for me to come in.  I never wanted to....I was having too much fun!


One day I pulled out some of my "Craft Stash" and the girls had a little craft afternoon.  Simple, but fun!


A Ferry ride across the sound to Bainbridge Island was on the schedule for a day.  We drove over to Sequim and went to the Olympic Game Farm.  We hadn't been there since the oldest boys were little.  The Ferry ride was a hit........ 


.....and the game farm was pretty fun too!






Next stop, Pike Place Market.  Andy and Britney hadn't ridden the light rail yet, so we adventured into Seattle via the train and walked down to the Market.  We did so many things outside this visit, it was just....refreshing!  I still have to say..."I love the light rail!"  No hassle way of getting around the big city!  Just can't beat the price!







Everyone was here for Aaron's birthday.  That never happens!  We had a scrumptious dinner...steak, potato salad and scones!  Then, to work off all that food, we went bowling!  Bowling with all those little kids just made me laugh! 



I think we made lots of fun memories during this visit.  Besides all of the things I've already posted about there were Mariner Baseball games, Golfing, a trip to the Bouncy Place and a girls night out to see The Help.  There was shopping and sleepovers and lots and lots of good food! 
Andy and Britney left on Saturday morning.  It was sad to have them leave.  Robyn and D stayed another day and we spent it in the park where the kids could run and play, climb and swing and just have a fun carefree time. 

Andy and Britney, Robyn and D....we appreciate your efforts to come and see us.  It means so much.  We recognize your sacrifice in time and money.  It makes us feel like we are important to you.  Thank you for letting us get to know your kids.  To have fun with them and to make memories with them.  We love them...and you....and miss you terribly.  Our family means more to us than anything in this whole big wide world!  We are looking forward to December and January when we'll be able to be together again...


  You always make us smile!

No comments: