Saturday, September 10, 2011

Hurray!  Amy came for a visit!  I always feel so honored when my nieces come for a visit all the way from Florida.  I know it isn't cheap to come and see me.  Besides the time they give up when they could be doing any number of different things.  Amy's visit was short, but sweet!  We crammed as many things in as we could while she was here.  She helped me with the boys one day and we played at the park.  We took a ferry ride to Bainbridge Island and visited Poulsbo.  We went up to Bothell and looked around the Country Village.  Because I love it so much, I had to take her on our new Light Rail into Seattle...It was something she'd never done before!  We had lunch in Westlake Center and shopped in the shops there.  We visited the Waterfront for a few souvenirs, but saved Ivars for our visit to Lake Washington.  The weather wasn't the best, but we made it work!
 

One of the things that was on her list was to go and visit the Cemetery where my parents are.  We spent some time cleaning up the headstone and visiting. It was nice.


Amy made me an Aunt!  She holds a special place in my heart.  I remember when she was a baby, her mom would lay her in bed with me after her bath time and we'd snuggle. She's become a remarkable woman.  I admire and respect her.  She has accomplished much in her life.  She is a great example to all around her. She is a brave soul.  Full of love for her family.  She's so kind and thoughtful, thinking mostly of others.  I just love her a lot!  We had such a good time together.  I hope she comes back soon! 

No comments: