
Today is my Mom's birthday. I miss her. On my way home from work I stopped to visit. I needed to tell her Happy Birthday. I'm not sure why this year is so different from the rest, but I've been feeling extra tender lately. She loved me to pieces, sometimes too much. She was always there for me, for whoever needed her. She adored her grandchildren, all ten of them. She loved being "Grandma the Great"! She's got 18 great grandchildren, with more on the way. She'd be so proud. Mom, I love you very much. Just wanted you to know I was thinking of you
4 comments:
I can't believe it's been 4 years. Time flies. I always enjoyed your mom. Wish I had been there for the Christmas craft.
So sweet! I can't believe it's been 4 years either. We miss grandma too!
We miss her too.
I always say this, but it seems to happen more around Christmas time . . . Grandma is everywhere! All those stupid little this-and-that's she would send for us or the kids are still around. Some of them even still have Nordstrom's price tags stuck to them!
And the kids still talk about Grandma the Great. Can you believe that? Adelin was 4 and Seth was 2, but they still talk about her. That says something.
Its hard to think that it has been four years in a couple of weeks. I know that she is watching over us and thinking about the great grandkids that she and grandpa can't waite to meet with we are a family again. I Love You Grandma.
Amy
Post a Comment