Siding and Sheet Rock! Lot's of good stuff has been happening around here this past week. The "Muddy Buddies" have been busy all week putting up our sheet rock and texturing the walls. They should be done by Wednesday. Bob and Kent started working on the siding a week ago this past Thursday. Kent also came out and helped Bob put the sheeting up underneath the back and front porches. Bob never would have been able to do that without Kent's help. Roger and Kathy have been in Utah this past week visiting their kids and Rog has come out every day to help Bob put siding up. The weather has been in the 90's and the wind has been terrible. We don't know how to thank both Roger and Kent for their help. These guys aren't young anymore...neither is Bob...yet they've worked their fannies off to do what they can to help. Their help has been so much appreciated....we hope they know how much it's meant for them to come out and work so hard.
Sheet Rock feet! I'm going to have so much to sweep up....so not looking forward to that.
This week things have seemed so overwhelming. I started a full time job about three weeks ago, Bob has a full time job building the house...we're up early and out the door every day, but our hours don't end at 4 or 5. After I'm done working, I go out and try to find ways to help out....how ever I can, doing whatever I can. Bob is working every minute doing really hard, physical stuff. We drag ourselves back to Aaron's between 8 and 9, clean the dirt off of us and crawl into bed. Then we get up the next morning and start all over again. There is still so much to do and we wonder if we'll ever get it done. One day at a time. That's what we keep telling each other. That, and the fact that the only deadlines we have, are the ones we are putting on ourselves. We're just ready to unpack our boxes, and feel settled. We'll get there...every once in awhile we just feel like we must be nuts...what were we thinking? This week has been one of those times.
Then something happens to help us feel thankful. There was a fire close to us in the hills above Eagle Mountain that started on Friday. People were evacuated and it got pretty scary. We were never really in harms way, but if the wind had shifted just right and the fire had gotten out of control it could have been a different story. This isn't really hard compared to things we've dealt with in the past. It's physically hard, that's all, and there's nothing wrong with hard work. We'll make it....soon it will be a thing of the past. We'll feel so much pride in all we've accomplished. We can do hard things!
1 comment:
Hi Sue and Bob! I love reading your blog! I love that you are building your own fabulous house, and it makes me want to do the same! I just wanted to say hi and tell you that I miss you and love you! I hope all is well!
Love, Allison Wischmeier
Post a Comment