Thursday, December 23, 2010

So, I really did have good intentions this Christmas.  Things started out really well.  I was on top of it!  Thoughts of Christmas cards were dancing in my head.  Then the day of the big Christmas card picture taking event was foiled by rain.  There was always going to be another day, another time.  It didn't happen.  Finally I told Bob, "We're setting up the camera on a box, setting the timer on the camera and taking a picture by the Christmas tree for our Christmas cards!"  Well, for those of you who REALLY know Bob, you can imagine how much fun THAT was!  He did play along, I have to say.  We tried really hard to get a useable photo, but it just didn't work out.  I decided to use a picture from the trip we took in October, but I didn't love it.  I got the card made and sent off to Costco. I even went and picked them up. Then I sat down to write THE Christmas letter.  But nothing came.  I typed, deleted.  Typed, deleted.  Then I quit.  Tonight I said, "Bob, why don't you write the Christmas letter?"  He said, "Christmas is over.  It's too late now."  So, no cards for you!  Christmas is over and it's too late...


 We really do want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!  We want you to know that we're thankful for all of you, too.  You were there for us when we needed our family.  Heavenly Father was there, too.  It's been a year we'll never forget.  This holiday, the gift of our Savior is especially meaningful to us.  We love him, we honor him and we worship him.  We will be forever grateful to him for his gift of eternal life.  That's what it's all about.  Forever families.  We're just happy that we can be "forever" with you.  There now, consider this your card....Oh, and Happy New Year too! 

4 comments:

Moore Family said...

Merry Christmas!.... We did the same thing but finally got a picture by the tree. I sent them on the 23rd. They will be late but OH WELL!

dangrover said...

Just add "and a Happy New Year" to the end!

Scott and Glory said...

Sue! We are on the same page! I couldn't get everyone together for a pic till Christmas Eve. Then no one could agree on a pic. I ended up putting something together today for "Happy New Year" So maybe next week you will find something from us in your mailbox. Sure do love you!

greatbon said...

What a good looking couple--
I've decided that Christmas cards must be done in November because I always leave them until the last minute. They need to be first minute. But I actually ordered my picture at 10:00 the night before and added it at the last minute, I wanted a picture and found a fun one when Aunt Shellie was making them laugh hard.