Blogging is becoming a chore. Why does it always seem overwhelming to me? I think about what I'm going to say and which pictures I'm going to post way to much. It doesn't need to be so difficult! Simplify! That's the answer......me and simple? That's a joke! I do need to document our absolutely fantastic trip we took a couple of weeks ago. Even if it's hard! The planning for this trip started a long time ago. Andy called to say they were going to California to visit Britney's family for a baby blessing. They were going to take the girls to Disneyland and wanted to invite us along. Since Bob has a brother in California we decided, sure, we'd tag along. Then Aaron and Courtney decided to use up some miles that were about to expire and fly down to Phoenix to visit family and Mariner Spring Training. SO, Andy, Britney, Bob and I decided we'd join Aaron and Courtney for some fun in the sun! Then, Bob's brother and his family ALL decided to join us in Phoenix. They went to the Angeles games, we went to the Mariners games.... then all hung out together at the local Residence Inn. We had a really great time. I'm all about the memories! We made some great ones.
Too many pictures to post. So I chose a few to document the memories. Baylee loved meeting the Characters. I thought she might be shy, but nope, she had a hug for everyone. For weeks before the trip she told everyone she met she was going to "Mickey's House!" She'd burnt her finger a few days before she got there and the first thing she told me when she saw me was that,"Mickey was going to kiss her owie better." He did! Way to go Mickey. He didn't let her down!So, I think I saw my first "official MOVIE STARS" waiting in line at Dumbo. I believe I was actually a little STARSTRUCK! I spotted Nia Vardalos and her husband Ian Gomez standing by a Disney Employee. They came up to the exit side of the ride waiting to get on....they were getting special treatment! I looked at Britney, pointed and mouthed...."is that....?" She shook her yes, that she thought so then just went ahead and said to Nia...."are you?" and Nia shook her head, "yes!" It was all SO exciting! You had to be there, really! I actually didn't even know her name, just that she was the star on "My Big Fat Greek Wedding!" Her husband I recognized too, but had to look him up on the Internet! Just not very star savvy I guess. Bob tried to get a picture of her on the ride, but she saw him and she turned her head...I kinda felt bad. She was trying really hard not to be noticed!

So after two days at Disney it was off to Peoria for spring training. 77 Degrees in Phoenix. Boy did the body love feeling that! It was hard to peel myself out of the sun. I may have been able to stay there forever. It just felt good.
How did the Mariners do? I have no idea. I had fun just enjoying the family.
Here's Roger and Kathy and all their Grandkids. Lucky Ducks! Aaron says we may be able to get a picture like this at my Funeral. Maybe for our 50th wedding anniversary? At least then I might be able to enjoy it!?
No comments:
Post a Comment