Thursday, October 6, 2011

Salt Lake City and General Conference..... It was time for a little get a way.  We got tickets for the Sunday morning session of Conference, so we decided to leave early and spend a few extra days before...and stay for a few extra days after.  Bob had heard about a 40 year Mission Reunion and he wanted to fit that in too.  Robyn and her family drove down to meet us, plus we got to spend time with lots of family.  Salt Lake at Conference time.....hectic!  I was excited to shop till I dropped, but there were people everywhere, so I gave up.  Next time...I'll do it next time.

Attending the Missionary Reunion was really fun.  It is always nice when you learn new things about your spouse.  About times before you were married, or knew each other.  His Mission President, Rex Pinegar, and his wife talked about how much they would always love "their Missionaries".  Each of their children spoke about how as young children, being in the mission with their parents and watching the Missionaries, gave them testimonies of the Gospel at a young age.  They thanked all the Missionaries for helping them.  If I'd served a Mission in that mission, I'd have left that evening feeling very special.  Like I'd really done something great.




Attending Conference was sooo good.  I'd read in the Ensign about ideas on how to get the most out of Conference.  Like, writing down questions you'd like answers too and praying a speaker would speak to your needs.  It worked.  My favorite talk was by Elder Hales.  "Waiting upon the Lord".  It was perfect for me.  He even spoke in the session we were able to attend.  That made it even more special.  I loved every minute of it.  For the closing song the Tabernacle Choir sang, "I Believe in Christ."  It took my breath away and was the perfect ending to a wonderful Conference session.  My Heavenly Father sure loves me.

Meeting up with family was awesome, too!  We got together several times, everyone made us feel so welcome.  We went together to Gardner Village and Tai Pan and had some fun parties!  We love our Utah family.  Gardner Village was all adorned in it's Halloween decor.  Witches were everywhere!  Hailey loved it.  Macie, not so much....it was pretty scary...for some!  

 


No comments: