Friday, May 1, 2009

My Auntie Lois died last night. It makes me a little sad. I was going over to visit her today, but now she is gone. That's okay though. Rick and I got to see her a few weeks ago when she was still able to talk and remember us. My Auntie Lois was always so sweet to me. She always made me feel good about myself. She was such a talented lady. A wonderful seamstress, knitter, crocheter. She decided she'd like to learn how to do stained glass, so she taught herself and made beautiful lamps and artwork. She made a special window for me to put in the first house we built. I hated to leave it behind. She loved the water and was an avid fisherman. I have been thinking this morning about the great reunion she is having with my Mom and Dad. With my Grandma and Grandpa. Wouldn't it be fun to be able to be a bug on the wall and witness such things? I just think it would make me smile and not be a bit sad.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Very Sweet! Whenever i think of Auntie Lois I can smell cinnamin! Whether thats good or bad, i dont care because it always smelt so good to me!

Robyn said...

cinnamon**