This summer our good friends Steve and Dana Hoopes came to visit for a couple of days. Steve was a Bishop for a few years and was released to become the Stake President. We were taking a walk one evening and discussing what it was like for him to serve in those two callings. They talked about the day he found out he was going to be released as Stake President. All those years he'd served, they thought they'd be so happy when the time came for him to be released. When he came home and told Dana he'd gotten the word he was going to be released, she started to cry. She said to him, "What will we do now for blessings?" This past month marked the beginning of Bob's 5th year serving as Bishop. It's hard to be a Bishop. Bishops love their Ward members so much. It's hard to watch your husband be a Bishop. But oh, the blessings that come. I so understand what Dana was talking about. As difficult as it is, the rewards and blessings have been to numerous to count. I've been thinking about that a lot these past few weeks, probably because of our two new grandbabies and the sweet blessings they are. I think it'll be okay if he serves a little longer! Blessings are a good thing.
It's been a year since Bob has left Boeing. His business is doing well. It's still scary not knowing when the next jobs will come, but so far the phone keeps ringing and he's kept busy. More, I think, than he was anticipating! That's okay though, it's a blessing! We've both enjoyed the freedom and have been having so much fun together.
To our kids; What wonderful lives you have. What wonderful families you have. Two new grandbabies have been born healthy in every way. How thankful we are for our health, for the love we share, for the homes we all have to live in. You've all been blessed with good jobs, promotions, the opportunity for higher learning. The gospel is an important part of all our lives. Our grandchildren are being taught to love the Lord in homes where the spirit dwells. I could go on forever. What more could we ask for? I pray we'll always remember where these good gifts come from. Let's all keep serving wherever and however we can. Even if it's hard.
3 comments:
That's so great that you got to spend so much time with all your kids! I love reading all the blogs...it makes me feel connected to y'all.
We love you!
Suzie Q, Everytime I read your blog I get tears in my eyes. How I miss seeing you and feeling of your sweetness that just comes from you. You bring me joy, hope and strength.
Sue, I love your blog and your words of thankfulness and gratitude. Your family is beautiful! Rexburg grandgirls, Arkansas babies, Washington grandboys - you and Bob are 2 lucky people.
Post a Comment